Learn The Art and Science of Beauty
Cosmetology is a 1500 clock hour educational course, which provides systematic instruction, training, and demonstrations in all areas of the industry.
- hair designing (shaping and styling)
- chemical reformation (permanent waving and straightening)
- hair color / lightening
- scalp / hair care treatments
- artificial nails
- skin care (facials and make-up)
- professional ethics
- salon management
The student will obtain knowledge through theory lectures, demonstrations, audio, visuals, practice on mannequins and then clients. The student will be able to demonstrate proficiency in all phases of the course. They will be able to understand, analyze, and combine their theory and knowledge with practical skills, which will be performed in a controlled and supervised environment, on the general public.
Evaluation of the student’s progress will be judged by regularly scheduled theory exams and practical skills grading.
Upon successful completion of the curriculum, the student will be qualified to apply to the State Board of Cosmetology for the licensing exam and a successful career in the cosmetology industry.
tuition and fees
Application Fee: $40.00
Registration Fee: $60.00
Cosmetology Tuition: $15,000
Optional Kits/supplies: $1,800
gainful emplyment disclosure
Learn more about gainful employment related to the Cosmetology Course.
- 39-5012 Hairdresser
- 39-2091 Makeup Artist
- 39-5092 Manicurist⁄Pedicurist
- 39-5094 Skin Care Specialist
- 25-2032 Vocational Education Teachers, Secondary School
- 12.0401 Cosmetology/Cosmetologist, General
- 12.0406 Make-up Artist/Specialist
- 12.0408 Facial Treatment Specialist/Facials
- 12.0410 Nail Technician/Specialist and Manicurist
- 12.0412 Salon/Beauty Salon Management/Manager
- 12.0413 Cosmetology, Barber/Styling, and Nail Instructor
- 12.0414 Master Aesthetician/Esthetician
- 12.0499 Cosmetology and Related Personal Grooming Arts, Other