Teacher TrainingLearn How To Lead The Way
Teacher Training is a 750 hour course of study which provides theory instruction, lectures, demonstrations, practical, and student teaching under direct Instructor supervision.
- instructional methods
- teaching analysis
- program development
- class presentations
- clinic supervision
- professional development
- school administration
Current South Carolina license in Cosmetology, Nail Technician, or Esthetics; will take with Strand College the required 45 hour Methods of Teaching Course (SC State Law Reg. 35-4A (4)). An interview with Admissions and a second interview with President and/or Educational Director is required of all applicants. A $50.00 Application Fee with all documents is required to schedule second interview.
The Student Instructor will obtain knowledge through lectures, demonstrations, and practical applications, formulating lesson plans, and student teaching. The Student Instructor will be able to understand and utilize course, curriculum, and subject outlines in order to prepare lesson plans.
The Student Instructor will also acquire the professional and personality disciplines that will assist in successful class control through proper planning and preparation techniques. The Student Instructor will be capable of performing class lectures and presentations, demonstrations, student salon services supervision, student counseling and motivation, maintaining class records and reports, sanitation and sterilization procedures, utilizing equipment and resources and performing some administrative duties.
Evaluations will be determined by scheduled theory and practical exams along with cumulative incremental level exams at the end of each level of the course (375 hrs. 725 hrs.) Upon successful completion of the course and required hours, the Student Instructor will receive an Affidavit of Completion in order to apply for testing (www.nictesting.org).
* National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences
Normal Time Graduates
The time it takes to normally complete this course and graduate is 1500 hours. “Normal Time Graduates” are the percentage of students who graduate on-time.
Median Loan Debt
Student Rates: Strand College has no graduates from this program in 2008, 2009, and 2010. Therefore the median loan debt was $0.00 for each year and the number of Normal Time Graduates is also 0 for each year.
Tuition and Fees
Application Fee: $40.00
Registration Fee: $60.00
Tuition (includes kit, books and supplies) $7,670.00
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Learn more about gainful employment related to the Teacher Training Course.
- 39-5012 Hairdresser
- 39-2091 Makeup Artist
- 39-5092 Manicurist⁄Pedicurist
- 39-5094 Skin Care Specialist
- 25-2032 Vocational Education Teachers, Secondary School
- 12.0401 Cosmetology/Cosmetologist, General
- 12.0406 Make-up Artist/Specialist
- 12.0407 Hair Styling/Stylist and Hair Design
- 12.0408 Facial Treatment Specialist/Facials
- 12.0409 Aesthetician/Esthetician and Skin Care Specialist
- 12.0410 Nail Technician/Specialist and Manicurist
- 12.0412 Salon/Beauty Salon Management/Manager
- 12.0413 Cosmetology, Barber/Styling, and Nail Instructor
- 12.0414 Master Aesthetician/Esthetician
- 12.0499 Cosmetology and Related Personal Grooming Arts, Other