The First Step To Your Future
Individuals wishing to apply and enroll in any course offered by Strand College of HAIR DESIGN must fulfill the following requirements to be considered for acceptance.
- All applicants must be at least 17 years of age.
- Fill out an application for admissions form. Fill out Application for federal Financial Aid if needing financial assistance for educational tuition/costs.
- Furnish proof of your former education. High School Diploma or GED is required in order to be accepted into any program at Strand College. Strand College of HAIR DESIGN requires that each student provide a copy of their official certified transcript showing high school completion OR diploma from their educational institution. All applicants must be at least 17 years of age or 18 years of age for Massage Therapy and Bodywork. All transcripts must be received from the high school or the state office issuing the GED. The name on the Diploma/GED must correspond to applicant’s name. Any variances in name must have legal documentation to verify name changes.
- All perspectives must have an admissions interview with Admissions and Financial Aid. During this interview discussions will be geared towards the Industry, the perspective’s desires and ability of the applicant to attend college and to see if this is a good fit between the perspective student and our institution.
- An essay must be written by the applicant that includes why they want an education in the program chosen and why they want to attend Strand College for their education.
- Two Letters for References: These references may not be family or just friends. Must be professional in nature, former instructors, teachers, clergy, employers, guidance counselors, or a registered licensee in our profession.
- Pay 100.00 Application Fee for specific Class Start Date.
- You must be a citizen or qualified alien or nonimmigrant lawfully present in the USA.
- All applicants must disclose any felony charges during the application process due to future state licensing requirements.
All inquiries are not automatically accepted. Strand College of Hair Design does not have an open door enrollment policy. High School Transcripts/GPAs are reviewed.
NOTE: Candidates for the Instructor Training program must also have a current cosmetology, manicuring, or esthetics license issued by the S.C. State Board of Cosmetology and will take a Methods of Teaching Course (45 Hour) before completion of the Teacher Training Course.